CableCraft: The Toronto Sling Testing and Inspection Centre
To ensure the safety and quality of lifting products and equipment Cable Craft offers sling testing and inspection services in Toronto. This inspection process is used to examine and rate the product to determine whether the sling can safely continue to be used or if it needs to be replaced.
Sling Inspection Proccess:
In order to test and inspect slings, our company has a specific procedure we follow to ensure the safe use of our slings in Toronto:
1. Identification and physical examination
This initial examination of the sling includes looking for the permanent identification of the sling, which would include the manufacturer’s name and product code, working load limits of the sling, and the material type of the sling
2. Spotting damage on the sling
During the damage inspection of the sling, issues such as cuts, tears, and overstretched sections are searched for on the product. In addition, the sling is checked with accessories to make sure there are no damages when it is used with fittings.
3. Inspection Frequency
This inspection process reviews three-factor: sling usage, use environment, and sling service life
4. Physical testing
This testing process includes the following:
- – 400,000 lbs pull test performed on slings
- – Pull to Destruction: Slings and hardware are pulled to destruction to find out the actual breaking strength
5. Replacement Guidelines (if necessary)
If the sling does not pass the testing and inspection process, the slings must be removed immediately and replaced. The impassable slings are only allowed to return to services once approved by qualified professionals.
Here are the following reasons for sling removal:
1. Acid or caustic burns
2. Melting or charring of any part of the sling
3. Holes, tears, cuts, or snags
4. Broken or worn stitching in load bearing splices
5. Excessive abrasive wear
6. Knots in any part of the sling
7. Excessive pitting or corrosion or cracked, distorted fitting
8. Visible red cord warning yarns
9. Distortion of the sling
10. Unreadable identification tag
11. Has been loaded beyond its rated capacity or reason
Cable Craft Ltd.